Due to me not posting this in time, this portion of your news report will be due on Monday, March 30. Please have your story ideas for Wednesday.
Read Chapter 4 of Inside Reporting, called “Reporting Basics.” Answer the following questions by typing your answers and turning it in to me.
- In covering breaking news, you are four key things you should remember before running out to cover the story?
- Why is it important to use multiple sources – even more than the three required for your Eagle’s Eye stories? Provide three reasons.
- Name six different types of sources.
- What are three ways to use someone’s information without plagiarizing?
- What does it mean to Show, not Tell?
- After reading page 76-77, tell me what you prefer – taking notes or recording interviews? What should you be cautious about with your preferred method of gathering information?
- How should you prepare for an interview?
- You may not use an anonymous source in your Eagle’s Eye articles unless it has been cleared by me. What are some valid reasons for using an anonymous source?
- Why use “said” in attribution?
- How can you be more diverse in your sources for Eagle’s Eye articles?